Sault Ste. Marie
|Click on Image to Enlarge
Sault Ste. Marie ( bytes) ( 0 x )
Sault Ste. Marie is the name of two cities on Saint Mary‘«÷s River, separating Canada and the State of Michigan in the United States. Founded as a fur trading settlement in 1668, the town was split into two in 1797 when the Upper Peninsula was transferred to the U.S. The Saint Mary‘«÷s River joins Lake Superior to Lake Huron. The two cities are joined by the International Bridge; the nearby Soo Locks bypass the River‘«÷s rapids, and carries more tonnage than any other canal in the world. The image was acquired June 10, 2007, covers an area of 35.3 x 33.6 km, and is located at 46.4 degrees north latitude, 84.3 degrees west longitude.
Click on thumbnails below for full resolution images.
||Sault Ste. Marie |
Size: ( bytes)
Resolution ( 0 x )
Please give credit for these images to:
NASA/GSFC/METI/Japan Space Systems,
and U.S./Japan ASTER Science Team