PAA: Collection Format
Collections utilize a simple format so they can easily be used by a variety
of tools. GIS-savvy users can use their own tools if they prefer. The directory
structure is as follows:
- parameters.txt: Parameters used to generate the images. Most of
these are for internal use only.
- Terralook-Collection.xml: Collection level metadata in XML
This directory contains multiple shapefiles and text files that describe the footprints of
the scenes in the collection.
- aster.shp: a set of boxes that outline the image boundaries
for all images in the collection
- asterline.shp: a set of "X"s, one for each box, to help
discriminate overlapping footprints for all images in the collection
- asterpoint.shp: a set of points that mark the centerpoint of
each footprint for all images in the collection
- image_layer.txt (aster.txt, Landsat--1990.txt, etc.):
Tab Delimited text file for each image layer, detailing:
- Sensor Name
- Time of acquisition GMT (year, month, day, hour, minutes, seconds)
- Four Latitude Corner Location (Upper Left, Upper Right, Lower Left,
- Four Longitude Corner Location (Upper Left, Upper Right, Lower Left,
- Image file name
- image_layer-poly.shp: a set of boxes that outline the image boundaries
for each image layer
- image_layer-line.shp: a set of "X"s, one for each box, to help
discriminate overlapping footprints for each image layer
- image_layer-point.shp: a set of points that mark the centerpoint of
each footprint for each image layer
Note: each file.shp has a file.dbf and file.shx
associated with it.
This directory contains JPEG images plus their corresponding world files
to provide geocoding, and XML metadata.
- image.jpg: The image file
- image.jpgw: The world file
- image.jpg.xml: Image metadata in XML
- image.txt: Image geographic summary
This directory may contain topographic data useful for 3-D visualization;
otherwise it is left empty.
The format is that used by the
Global Land Cover Facility