Fort Yukon, Alaska
|Click on Image to Enlarge
Fort Yukon, Alaska (1,083,276 bytes) ( 2,688 x 1,980 )
Fort Yukon, Alaska was first established as Fort Youcon as a Hudson‘«÷s Bay Company trading post in 1847, while it was still in Russian America. The town was officially incorporated in 1959, about the time the Air Force established a base. The population in 2000 was 595, with 86% being Native Americans. The town is located on the north bank of the Yukon River at its junction with the Porcupine River, 220 km northeast of Fairbanks. The image was acquired May 11, 2008, covers an area of 29.7 x 40.3 km, and is located at 66.6 degrees north latitude, 145.2 degrees west longitude.
Click on thumbnails below for full resolution images.
||Fort Yukon, Alaska |
Size: (1,083,276 bytes)
Resolution ( 2,688 x 1,980 )
Please give credit for these images to:
NASA/METI/AIST/Japan Space Systems,
and U.S./Japan ASTER Science Team