Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky , Russia
|Click on Image to Enlarge
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky , Russia (959,639 bytes) ( 2,238 x 2,550 )
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (P-K) is the administrative, cultural, scientific and economic center of Kamchatka Krai, Russia on the Kamchatka Peninsula. P-K is located on the north side of Avacha Bay; this exceptional natural harbor is home to Russia’s largest submarine base. P-K was founded by Dutch navigator Vitus Bering in 1740, naming the town after his two ships the St. Peter and the St. Paul. The image was acquired September 29, 2009, covers an area of 33 by 38 km, and is located at 53 degrees north, 158.6 degrees east.
Click on thumbnails below for full resolution images.
||Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky , Russia |
Size: (959,639 bytes)
Resolution ( 2,238 x 2,550 )
Please give credit for these images to:
NASA/METI/AIST/Japan Space Systems,
and U.S./Japan ASTER Science Team